Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'm in my hotel with 40 other volunteers....

I'm in King of Prussia, PA and I've met a wonderful group of americans who are just as overpacked, nervous, confused, enthusiastic, and wild like me...so i think this was probably the right decision.

i just did my last shopping run: speakers that don't use batteries, new sunglasses (since on the way over to the hotel, i broke mine!), a frisbee, and a waterproof watch!

so now the adventure begins! 7 am wake up, clinic/immunizations, and then a ride to JFK, then a long flight to paris, and short flight to niamey, and a 45min drive to the training site.

it's all happening, and i want you all to keep in touch! so send me letters (not postcards, those are confiscated and put as decoration on post office walls, i am told), care packages, anything!

Address:

Joanna Bove
Corps de la Paix
B.P. 10537
Niamey, Niger

I will be updating this site, as well as sending out an email, about my cellphone number once i get that set up...so if you need a desperate dose of Joanna, you can get it!

Thanks to everyone for being so supportive of me, and for visiting with me, and for everything. I love you all so much, and hope you will keep in touch, visit, or yearningly wait for my homecoming in 2 years! Ciao!

pictures:my family dinner in philly monday night, my family dinner in atlanta sunday night, my packing issues.



2 comments:

  1. Yay! You are going to rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll miss you so much, but we know that you're going places....and this is just the START!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete